Friday, December 30, 2011

1 cm and Waiting

Well, my visit to the doctor yesterday revealed that I am already a centimeter dilated (and about 50% effaced), which means that I could either go into labor soon, or not soon at all! But either way, it's a sign that my pregnancy is progressing and that I won't be lugging this hefty baby around forever. It's really made everything a lot more real, and I find myself trying to memorize every kick and every little thing about being pregnant, while at the same time probably over glorifying the amazing feeling of being able to lay on one's belly and get off the couch without looking like a beached whale.


So now it's just the waiting game. And of course my nesting instinct being plunged into over drive. Yesterday I made my doting hubby rearrange the living room for me. Adrianne now has a cozy little nook which she has turned into a princess fortress and I have a renewed sense of inner peace. I feel like I updated my feng shui. We're now on version 4.0 of our living room layout.

Also while I wait, I have begun work on a pretty impressive Quiet Book PDF Pattern, if I may say so myself. I was so happy with the way Adrianne's Quiet Book turned out that I decided I should make a nice printable pattern of it for my Etsy shop. I'm trying to actually make it comprehensive and pretty looking, so far as PDF patterns go. I was surprised by the lack of classic Quiet Book patterns on Etsy, so I think I'll actually be doing a good thing.

Other than that, things are pretty peaceful over here. Now that the semester is over and I no longer have to worry about homework (for a while at least) and the holiday craze has subsided, life actually feels kind of relaxed. I have nothing pressuring me, just the imminence of the new baby to excite and inspire.

Besides the aches and pains, I am enjoying a wonderful ending to my pregnancy and look forward to an exciting new beginning!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! So exciting! I am in awe of you enjoying your last days being pregnant. I was a total wreck both times. Feeling sorry for myself, etc. You have great times ahead of you! Happy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I always read every single one of your comments, I just love hearing what you have to say! Please visit me again soon, or even Follow me so you never miss a thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory