Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday Season...

Where have I been? Well, to put it simply...I have been sewing. You know, I have never really taken the time to try sewing by hand before. But the past couple weeks I have found that it is one of the very few things that really relaxes me. How lame! Hahaha!

So what have I been up to? I'll show you what I've been up to.


Last night I started working on a Christmas gift for Adrianne. I am making her a felt Quiet Book completely of my own design and sewing it by hand with embroidery thread.


Sadly, this is basically my pattern. Haha... However, it's going well so far. So when I finish this bad boy up I think I might make an actual pattern with a set of instructions that I can sell on Etsy for those who might be interested in using my design.


Other than that, I have also been working on a stuffed animal for every single young person in my family. Other than THAT, I have been trying to make some cool, more mature items for the teens in the family who would be way too hip for a fleece monkey. (In the bottom right hand corner of the picture you can see part of the infinity scarf I made for our niece.) Other than THAT, I have also been mushing together a year's worth of home footage of Adrianne's first year of life into a less-than-an-hour long video for the adults in the family (who would rather see Adrianne than me any day!).


My living room right now is a jumbled mess of felt, embroidery floss, stuffed animals, and of course Adrianne's toys, crayons, markers, stickers, and her various papers for each of them. I really...really need my own room for all of my sewing and craft stuff! Someday...Haha maybe someone will buy me a nice big new house for Christmas this year.


Can you tell where I work? I personally find it comfortable and cozy but I think a certain hubby of mine is starting to feel claustrophobic as he is drowning in fabric and string...

Oh but I would like to say: All hail the remnant fabric prices at the craft store! I was basically able to get just under a yard of every color of felt for pennies after Black Friday. Everything got picked over and I came crawling in for the scraps. Well, you know what? It was so worth it. I literally have just about every color! I can make Quiet Books galore!

Well, I better stop rambling and get sewing. Hope everyone is having a relatively stress free holiday season so far!

What have you been up to in preparation for the big events?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I always read every single one of your comments, I just love hearing what you have to say! Please visit me again soon, or even Follow me so you never miss a thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory