Sunday, March 18, 2012

recipe guest post

Hi, everyone! My name is Alicia Yamashita from over at The Better Nester! I'm a stay at home mom and I love to blog about all things crafty, tasty, and mommy! I cook for myself and my hubby and now our little girl, Adrianne, who sure can be a picky eater at times. Usually I'm so busy chasing her around that I have a hard time throwing a decent meal together. But this recipe that I am about to share with you is a favorite in our house! Personally, I love it because it's so quick and easy to make!

Today, we're making some Easy Cheesy Quesadillas! It only has a few ingredients. In fact, the only ingredients that are really mandatory are the tortillas and cheese! But nonetheless, you can be sure this recipe will make for some happy tummies. After all, who doesn't love some cheesy, melty goodness?!

I cook this recipe for my family, and it's one of the hubby's all time favorites. Adrianne also loves it because it's easy for her to hold and eat. I love substituting the peppers for some extra veggies in this recipe for a quick, nutrient packed lunch for her. The cheese really hides the veggies well!

This recipe would be great for a Mexican themed meal, served with some Spanish Rice or even just sliced avocado. You may even just want to serve it as an appetizer for a large family before an entree. Let's get started! This recipe will yield about 2 quesadillas and is easily doubled as needed.

INGREDIENTS:



  • 2 tortillas, white or whole wheat
  • 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced (about 1 medium tomato)
  • 1/3 cup pepperoncini, sliced (about 5 medium-large peppers)
  • 1/3 black or pinto beans, cooked or from a can
  • Butter
DIRECTIONS:


Lightly butter one side of the tortilla. Then place it butter side down on a large frying pan.


Sprinkle a tortilla with half of the cheese, peppers, tomatoes, and beans so that all the ingredients are evenly dispersed across the tortilla.


Fry over medium-high heat until the cheese is nice and melted, about 5 minutes or so. Be careful not to let the butter burn the tortilla on the other side. The tortilla should brown, but only slightly.


Fold the tortilla in half with a spatula and gently press flat if necessary. Quickly remove from heat and slice in half or in quarters. Repeat with the second tortilla and remaining ingredients.


And there you have it! Quick and Easy Cheesy Quesadillas that are sure to please! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I always read every single one of your comments, I just love hearing what you have to say! Please visit me again soon, or even Follow me so you never miss a thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory