Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am going to try and start dedicating my Thursdays to writing a little bit about the things that I am thankful for and the things that make me happy. So here we go.

I am thankful for having such a perfect little girl. She is so smart, funny, kind, and quirky. She is perfectly well behaved, adorable, and mature. I love the way she mumbles to herself in her own little baby language. And I love the way she puts up with some things (like potty training) as if she were truly an angel sent from above. She is constantly amazing me with how intelligent she is, and she never, ever disappoints me, no matter what happens. I am always proud of her.

I am also thankful for ice cream. There is just something about ice cream that makes my troubles melt away. Mmm...

Speaking of food, though. Yummy homemade quesadillas. Nothing beats my quesadillas! And they're easy to make, I'll tell you how.

Butter up one side of a flour tortilla real good. Plop it on a medium-high heat frying pan and cover in a decent layer of cheddar cheese and mozzarella, grated. Throw on some chopped up tomatoes and pepperoncini's and wait til the cheese melts. Fold it in half with a spatula and cut it in half with a pizza cutter (or knife, whatever).

Mmmm...so yummy.... I am thankful for rainy day afternoons and being able to sit on the couch with my hubby eating up these bad boys.

Another thing I am thankful for is online college. As much as I like to moan and groan about my course work, I am so grateful that I am able to do it from the comfort of my home, where I can nurture Adrianne best.

I am thankful for my wonderful hubby also. He did a miraculous thing today. He babysat Adrianne while I went out for the day running errands, getting extremely lengthy blood testing done, and stopping for a peaceful visit to the library. But I think the best part of that was coming home to my dear hubby telling me he was so glad he did it just so he could understand why I always seemed so stressed when he comes home from work at night! It made me feel so good and appreciated to hear that.

So I will wrap up here because i could ramble on and on about things I'm thankful for all night. But I really ought to save some for all the upcoming Thursdays that I am sure to be back for.

Don't forget to count your blessings every once in a while, too!

2 comments:

  1. It truly is the simple things in life that make us happiest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite things about you is your sense of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I always read every single one of your comments, I just love hearing what you have to say! Please visit me again soon, or even Follow me so you never miss a thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory