Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pixlr-o-matic

So I've been browsing a lot of photography blogs lately and so many people have this free iPhone app called Instagram. Admittedly, I felt a little left out since I don't have an iPhone and even though I have an iPad and I can still get the app, it's just not the same. The iPad doesn't have the camera function so it's not like I can snap spontaneous pictures and just Instagram them, just like that. 

I got to searching around for something to ease my pain and I stumbled upon this awesome app, which you can download for PC or Mac, and some other things. It's called Pixlr-o-matic and it basically does the same thing as Instagram, just with much, much more. Of course, it's not quite as portable, but it's free and anyone can get it. The interface is amazing and it has more than enough effects to keep me happy. It makes the photo editing process fun and easy too!

Now I can still practice my photography skills with my actual camera, but I can get those quick,retro posts everyone else has too. ;)
The program comes with three different sets of edits that you can apply one of each to your photos: effects, overlays, and borders. So the possibilities are pretty vast. I love this app and I just had to share it! I think I'll end up throwing a few Pixlr posts up every now and then for when I'm feeling too lazy to edit myself but have a lot of pictures I want to share.
Here's some examples of what I've done with Pixlr.




1 comment:

Thanks for visiting! I always read every single one of your comments, I just love hearing what you have to say! Please visit me again soon, or even Follow me so you never miss a thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory