Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Easy Sewing Project: Stuffed Mustache Monster


This year for Christmas I am determined to make as many nice gifts as possible, rather than just throwing gift cards at people. Here is one of my first unfortunate creations: a Stuffed Mustache Monster, for one special young man in my family.

This guy was super easy to make, I didn't even use a pattern. I just sort of winged it. A monster shouldn't be perfectly symmetrical anyways! Here's what I did:

First, I collected my fabric and cut out some crude monster looking shapes.

For the body, I just cut out some chunks of red fabric. Of course, you can use whatever colors you like! Cut out two, one for the front and one for the back.


For the face, I just snipped out some shapes that I knew I could piece together to make an eyeball with suspicious looking lids and a pretty groovy 'stache.

I folded some brown fleece in half and cut out that half-stache shape so that when I unfolded the fabric, I would have one big symmetrical mustache. So the fold would be the center of the mustache.

I just sewed them right on to the red fabric, using embroidery floss. It seems more fun and funky to use big stitches with embroidery floss, but like I said, you can do whatever you want!

I also shoved a teeny bit of stuffing into the mustache to make it pop out a little bit.

Finally! I sewed the two big red pieces together, outsides facing each other, leaving a hole at the bottom to stuff it. So when I turned it right side out, I filled him up and then stitched him together at the bottom (sloppily).

And voila! A fun and silly mustache monster. Hope this inspires you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I always read every single one of your comments, I just love hearing what you have to say! Please visit me again soon, or even Follow me so you never miss a thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory