Monday, April 23, 2012

I'm still alive!

I know, I know, I haven't posted in forever! My excuse: wedding invitations... If you are about to get married, the only advice I can give to you is to fork up the extra cash to have your invitations done for you if you can! I am really pleased with the way mine turned out, I got a couple of DIY kits. But, wow, they were much more hassle than they were meant to be. Mostly at the fault of my own printer, which refused to take the thick card stock. 

I must admit though, once I finally did get them all printed, it was nice to go out to the park and plant myself in the grass and plow through assembling them. It was a perfect day, not too warm, but definitely not chilly at all. The sun was shining, there was a very light breeze. And I just sat in the shade with my boy and put together nearly a hundred invitations!


What else have I been doing?


I made a new pattern! I have made Adrianne so many little felt foods, I want to share them all! But the patterns take much longer to make than I really have time for. I did get a breakfast set done though, which is now available in my Etsy shop! 

The best part is, since I have no time myself, my patterns are all designed with your lack of time in mind! They are super fast and easy to make, so if you don't have the confidence or attention span for some of the more elaborate felt food patterns out there, you'll love this one! (In my not-so-humble opinion...)

I've got so many more pattern ideas too! I wish I could get them all out there right away! But I suppose it's a work in progress. Like most things. Luckily, my artistic adventures tend to be the things I do to relieve my stress. Exercise has been another de-stresser for me lately as well. And stress is something I have plenty enough of. It's hard to keep it in check, but I have to remember how important it is to not get too stressed out.

What do you do to de-stress?

2 comments:

  1. You never seem stressed. The handwriting on the invitations was beautiful - did you manage to do that while sitting in a park with a baby? If it were me' it would be scribble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those felt food are adorable!!!!

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I always read every single one of your comments, I just love hearing what you have to say! Please visit me again soon, or even Follow me so you never miss a thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory