Monday, January 23, 2012

DIY Kid's Art Organizer


This little art supply organizer I made was a fun, easy project. So I thought I'd share with you what exactly I did.


First, I got together a couple of cardboard oatmeal containers and a cereal box. I like the Cheerios boxes because they are bigger than most cereal boxes.


Then I cut them all down to the size I wanted. The oatmeal things were a pain to cut but if you just go slow and trim them afterwards to make them look a little neater, it's not so bad.


Finally, I covered them with colored paper (glued on with just Glue-All or Mod Podge) to finish them up, just like I did in my Notebook Organizer Tutorial. To attach the cups to the box, I used a line of hot glue along the paper seam on the cups and stuck them to the sides of the box.


And there you have it! A cute little storage system for your kiddos! You can even let them decorate it. =) Have fun!


Linked to these parties!

5 comments:

  1. That's really cool! It'd be perfect on our little table for our boys! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So impressive! I would LOVE for you to share this awesome mommy solution in my Mommy Club link up! Or any other ideas. Stop over! http://www.crystalandcomp.com/2012/02/the-mommy-club-share-your-resources-and-solutions-31/

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I'll add your blog hop to my linky party page as well :)

      Delete
  3. Great idea, I love the idea to upcycle packaging! Plus it's nice a roomy, just perfect for all the kid stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea!
    gatheredinthekitchen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I always read every single one of your comments, I just love hearing what you have to say! Please visit me again soon, or even Follow me so you never miss a thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory